Sunday 28 June 2009

Brayered background

Hi all, Cuchy here.
My friend Noe gave me yesterday a new brayer and I couldn't wait to start playing with it.
I made a new ATC using my fave background technique with bubble wrap.
I started with a few drops of acrylic paint in a white cardstock.

Then start to spread the paint with the brayer in different directions

Continue adding drops of paint and spreading them with the brayer until the cardstock is completely covered.

Now, the fun part.
Cover the brayer with bubble wrap (bubbles outside) and pour some paint in a palette.
I used a plastic lid and white colour.

Cover the bubbles with the paint.


And start painting over your background
The quicker you roll the brayer, the thinner will be the print.

I cut the cardstock to ATC size.

Ebellish as desired.
This is my final result. Hope you like it.
You're welcome to visit me at Hecho a mano

4 comments:

Nerissa Alford said...

I think I'm in love. Your blog always offers such inspiration! Thanks for all you share
Nerissa

Julie Allain said...

Thanks for a wonderful Tutorial I will definitely try this :)

Unknown said...

bellissimo progetto !
beautiful:-)

Vicky said...

Love the step-by-step photos, T4S Cuchy :)